School, Teachers, Tuition and The Learning Lab

You know, school teachers often say, don't give any of these materials to tuition centers, especially The Learning Lab, because these documents are copyrighted, private and confidential, etc., etc.?

Something like that, right? Especially if you are a student in the GEP like me, your teachers would say that all the time. Well, maybe we shouldn't share those documents that your teachers say are private and confidential.

But they also go on to say, don't go to tuition centers because they teach you the exact same things you learn in school and if you pay even more attention, you will get the same benefits and you don't have to waste your parents' precious money on tuition fees?

A lot of times, yes? Even if you are not in the GEP, your teachers are sure to say that, especially those core subject teachers. So my main goal in this post is: to find out whether the teachers are right about tuition, and whether they teach you the same things as what you learn in school, and finally, to conclude whether it is worth it to join tuition centers.

My main focus on tuition centers is The Learning Lab (TLL for short), because of two reasons: i) because I have been there before for holiday courses etc., and have some experience with the courses, and ii) because it is mentioned the most in GEP when our English teacher asks us not to give the materials to tuition centers.

Firstly, why do teachers say not to give materials to TLL specifically?

(I don't know whether it's just my English teacher, so...)

Correction: Firstly, why does my teacher say not to give materials to TLL specifically?

Anyway, I asked my English teacher about that, and she mentioned that TLL already has a lot of GEP materials illegally obtained, so we should not give them more.

Well, I understand.

So that's settled.

But how about the part where they tell you not to go for tuition? (That I didn't ask my teachers, because I was scared they would scold me.)

Well, I went to TLL to see whether they teach exactly the same thing as the school teachers.

But NO! In TLL, we learn so much more things in a shorter period of time!

Sample of TLL worksheet:

"When the heart beats or the lungs are filled with air, small sound vibrations are produced. The sounds of your heart beating are in fact the sounds of the valves in the heart shutting to prevent the backflow of blood. These vibrations are picked up and amplified by the diaphragm of the stethoscope, a membrane designed to pick up faint vibrations in your body. The sound then passes into the flexible hollow tubing, which transfers it into your ear tips."

Wow, so detailed! They even bother to teach you about a stethoscope! There is actually much more in that worksheet! What does the Science textbook say about the circulatory system?

Sample of Science textbook:

"The circulatory system transports oxygen, digested food, nutrients, minerals and water to different parts of the body and transports waste materials away from different parts of the body."

Wait, is that all?

I think I would stick to TLL. By the way, both of the sample texts were taken from worksheets from the same year! You can learn more things in a shorter period of time! Then, what's left is more time to play! I might even think of homeschooling and going to tuition centers! (Although that might not be too practical and will make your teachers angry. So don't do that! I beg you! My English teacher will go nuts. Just kidding.)

Well, I know I have only been to Science lessons in TLL, so I don't really have enough information to tell you about other subjects. But still, Science lessons are good and we even get to do experiments! (GEP is good too, though, but I might just be saying that to make my teachers happy. Just kidding.)

I know TLL tuition fees are expensive, but it is worth it. Give it a try!

If you have any opinions, please comment below. Thanks!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WhatsApp: How to spam a contact efficiently - a tutorial

WhatsApp: follow-up - how to determine if someone has saved you in their contacts

Musescore.com: a quick hack to download scores for free