nush dsa tea session chemistry cloze passage

'Twas the week before Christmas when Inspector Lestrade came to me with a most distraught gentleman in tow. (Helium) He explained that the gentleman had purchased several pieces of (Ag) SILVER and (Au) GOLD jewelry for his wife (or mistress, (iodine) I surmised), which had disappeared during a street (carbon + argon) CAr ride ((nobelium) No doubt to see (hydrogen + erbium)HeR!). The victim interrupted with "You must (Fe) IRON this out before the 24th, Mr. (Ho) HOLMIUM! I will not (Fe2O3RUST until the jewels are recovered and the culprit made to (S) SULFER as (iodine) have this day! (holmium + tungsten) HOW dare someone (sulfur + tellurium + aluminum) STEAlfrom me! I'd gladly (Ba) BARIUM with the fishes and watch him (Zn) ZINC in the Thames!" His diatribe did then to (B) BORON
(Oxygen + nitrogen) ON questioning, I learned the (carbon + argon) CAr was number (Sn) TIN an express which did not stop during (hydrogen + iodine + sulfur) HIS trip. (Arsenic) As to unusual events, (helium) He remembered a (Cu) COPPER evicting the occupants of the seat behind him and sitting there himself. Enjoying the ride, (helium) He was just thinking "these areas (As) ARSENIC", when a bad jolt made the (calcium + selenium) CaSe of jewelry (sulfur + lithium + phosphorus) SliP between the seat and back of the bench (helium) He occupied. The (Cu) Copper retrieved it for him. (Oxygen + nitrogen) ON checking later, he found the jewelry missing from the (calcium + selenium) CaSe. (Astatine) At their destination, (helium) He and the (Cu) Cu searched everyone, and each other, (arsenic) As well as the (carbon + argon) CAr. (Nobelium) Nojewels were found.
By this time, Lestrade seemed eager to (beryllium) Be rid (oxygen + fluorine) OFour pompous victim, as (tungsten + arsenic) WAs (iodine) I. (Indium) Inprivate, the Inspector explained that he wasn't personally (Sb) Antimony, but just wanted the theft cleared (uranium + phosphorus) UP quickly (sulfur + oxygen) SO he could get (oxygen + nitrogen) ON to matters more important than petty theft. (Iodine) I agreed to help, not to save the Inspector time and embarrassment (tungsten + helium + nitrogen) WHeN he failed, (arsenic) As I (potassium + neon + tungsten) KneW he would, but because I had the (calcium + selenium) CaSealready solved. Informed of this, the Inspector cried, "(Sulfur + oxygen) SO fast! (Hydrogen + oxygen + tungsten) HOW?!" My only reply (tungsten + arsenic) WAs that he meet me after (I) Iodined, armed and carrying a (Ni) Nickel.
(Astatine) At dusk, the Inspector and (iodine)rode the next to last streetcar of the day to the end (oxygen + fluorine) Of the line, the (C) Carbon. I used Lestrade's (Ni) Nickel to pay my fare. (Indium) In the deserted (C) Carbon I found number (Sn) Tin and climbed inside. Reasoning that the culprit sat behind our victim (Pb) Lead me to examine that seat, and I found scratches on the (F) Fluorine. Prying (uranium + phosphorus) UP a loose piece of (F) Fluorine, I found the missing (Ag) Silver and (Au) Gold jewelry in a (boron + silver) BAg. I substituted worthless (SiO2Quartz to simulate the heft of the (rhenium + aluminum) ReAlarticles, and replaced the (boron + silver) BAg under the (F) Fluorine. The Inspector and (iodine) I then concealed ourselves to await the thief. Nearly dozing (oxygen + 2 fluorine) OFF, I was startled by the sound of footsteps echoing (indium) In the deserted (C) Carbon. A shadow entered number (Sn) Tin and I heard the (F) Fluorine being lifted, a brief silence, then an expletive and "The jewels (Ar) Argon !" The Inspector yelled "Police!" and I yelled "(Cs) Cesium!" as we both jumped into different ends of the streetcar. After a brief struggle, the Inspector had his (Ne) Neon the culprit, (tungsten + holmium) Who was subdued and handcuffed. I turned (oxygen + nitrogen) ON the torch and beheld a uniform (oxygen + fluorine) OF blue with (bromine + arsenic + sulfur) BrAsS buttons. "(Ho) Holmium!" exclaimed the Inspector, "It's the (Cu) Copper"! "Of course," I replied, "it's elementary, Inspector. He's a (Si) Silicon who found his comedy routine impersonating a (Cu) Copper in prison to (beryllium) Be infinitely (molybdenum + rhenium) MoRe rewarding on the outside--almost!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WhatsApp: How to spam a contact efficiently - a tutorial

WhatsApp: follow-up - how to determine if someone has saved you in their contacts

Musescore.com: a quick hack to download scores for free